In later life Clara created a number of abstract sculptures and paintings, stimulated by her capacity for synaesthesia and her dreams. Among the composers whose music she modelled were Mozart, Brahms, Schubert, Stravinsky and Dittersdorf. Jazz, folk songs and sounds from nature also stimulated her creativity.
- Madonna of the Egg – based on a dream
- Fragment of Music by Dittersdorf
- Fragment of Music from a Horn Trio by Brahms
- Fragment of Music by Schubert
- Fragment of Music by Grieg: Solveig’s Song
For more examples of Clara’s art inspired by her experience of synaesthesia see